If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Serves 4
Note: The vibrant flavours from this salad are attributed to the ifresh, local, and organic ingredients I found at my local farmer's market this November. Every month is different so it's always great to play around with different flavours so long as you follow these 5 key components to making a well rounded salad:
1. Add something Salty
2. Add something Sweet
3. Add something Crunchy
4. Add something Acidic
5.Add something Fatty/Umami —Dee
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed into "dice-sized" pieces
- pinch sea salt
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 large beet, spiralized (or grated)
- 2 carrots, spiralized (or grated)
- 1 watermelon radish, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 avocado, cubed into "dice-sized" pieces
Salad Toppers and Dressing
- 2 tablespoons raw unsalted almonds
- 1 tablespoon raw unsalted pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh sprouts (i.e. broccoli, sunflower, radish, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 4 figs (dried or fresh) quartered
- Juice 1 lemon (about 4-5 tbsp)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (preferably raw, local, and unpasteurized)
- 1 pinch sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium sized bowl, toss butternut squash with a drizzle of oil and pinch of sea salt.
- Spread squash on a baking tray and place in the oven. (cook for about 30 minutes or until soft and lightly browned)
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl or dressing jar, add salad dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, toss arugula, beets, carrots, and radish with 3/4 of the dressing.
- Remove squash from the oven once cooked and add to the salad bowl along with the avocado.
- Lightly toss until well mixed and neatly add mixture into a large serving bowl.
- Add salad toppers and drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve and enjoy