- Serves 6
Pass the logs of tofu and wheat gluten and throw it to the dogs. This naturally gluten-free/grain free main will let both herbivores and omnivores savor the season, while satisfying comfort food cravings. —G
- Rosemary Sweet Potato Croquettes
organic garnet yams, rinsed and cubed
organic fuji or honeycrisp apple, cored & cubed
toasted, skinned hazelnuts, chopped
yellow onion, halved and sliced thin
minced fresh garlic
Extra virgin olive oil spray
- Crumb Coating
frozen cauliflower florets
In This Recipe
- ROSEMARY "CRUMB" COATING: Toss cauliflower and chickpeas with extra virgin olive oil and rosemary. Pour on a parchment lined baking sheet, sprinkle with sea salt. Roast until cauliflower is deep golden, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool and pulse into a "crumb" in a food processor. Reserve until ready to use.
- OPTIONAL CRANBERRY MOSTARDA: 1 can Whole Berry cranberry sauce + 1 cup fruit sweetened cranberries + 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar + 1 tsp. Dijon mustard. Place cranberries, cranberry sauce, orange juice/zest, and balsamic in a saucepan. Heat over medium for 15 minutes until reduced. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place potatoes in a steamer basket and steam for 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet, along with apples. Spray with olive oil cooking spray, sea salt, and pepper and bake for 20 minutes, or until apples are golden. Set aside.
- In skillet, heat onion, garlic, and rosemary with 1 cup water or stock. Cook until liquid has evaporated, add 1 cup additional and cook until dry. In a food processor, pulse hazelnuts until fine and crumbly. Add in onion mixture and pulse until combined. Add in apples and puree until smooth, lastly add in potatoes and pulse until combined.
- Let sit for 20 minutes, form into football shaped round logs and roll in coating. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until golden.