If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by the famous Yoshinoya's chain known for its beef bowl (Gyudon), I've came up with this recipe - Bonito Brown Rice w/ Yakiniku Iberico Pork Slices . イベリコ鰹玄米 . Iberico Katsuo Genmai. —xlbcr
- 200 grams pork slices
- 200 milliliters water
- 5 grams stock cube/bouillon
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake or cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons miring
- 18 grams winter melon sugar, coarsely chopped or substitute with brown sugar
- 1/2 whole onion cut into half inch slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- a pinches scallions & sesame for garnishing
Bonito Brown Rice
- 150 grams brown rice
- 6 grams bonito flakes
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 80 grams enoki mushroom
- 100 grams pea shoots
- a pinches white pepper to taste
- In a pot, bring 500ml of water to a boil. Lower the heat down to medium low, and add in the bonito flakes. Let it simmer for 5 minutes, then add in brown rice, miso paste, soy sauce & salt to taste. Cover with a lid and let the rice cook for about 20 minutes. I like my grains with some bite to it, extend the time if you like it softer.
- After 20 minutes add in the enoki and pea shoots for a minute or two & white pepper to taste. Set aside till ready for assembling.
- While waiting for the rice to be cooked, in a pan sauteed the pork slices with a tbs of oil till the pork are 60% cooked through. After which, add in 200ml of water/chicken stock & simmer on medium heat for two minutes. Remove the pork slices from the stock & set aside. Add in soy sauce, winter melon sugar, grated ginger, mirin, sake & onion slices and cook on medium low till onions turn soft.
- Once the onions turn soft, put the pork slices back in and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Assemble on a plate with the grains first then top with tons of pork slices and a raw egg yolk right in the center. Garnish with scallions & sesame seeds~ You are ready to serve!