If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every Thanksgiving feast needs something raw — something citrus-y and crisp and colorful. This vibrant assembly of greens showcases some of the best in seasonal flavors, and its autumnal hues are the perfect finishing touch on your table. —CAVA
- 3 to 4 heads of little gem lettuces
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of nutmeg and pinch of cayenne, to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 fiji or honey crisp apples
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Tzatziki
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss diced sweet potato pieces with a few swirls of olive oil and cumin, chili powder, nutmeg, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Spread on a large baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally to achieve an even crispiness, for 25 to 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk lemon juice, tzatziki, and water together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss greens with pumpkin seeds, thin apple slivers, pomegranate arils, celery, and sweet potato. Drizzle tzatziki dressing over salad and top with fresh mint and cracked black pepper.