If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There’s no better way to break up the brown food party at your Thanksgiving table than with the vibrant fuchsias and surprising golds of roasted beets. This version showcases our roasted root favorites with punchy flavors like balsamic and orange. Don’t forget a smear of Greek yogurt hummus for good measure. —Cava Grill
- 2 pounds red beets
- 2 bundles yellow beets
- olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons T finely chopped rosemary, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- orange zest swirls, for serving
- balsamic reduction, for serving (use balsamic vinegar and honey)
- pomegranate arils, for serving
- chopped unsalted pistachios, for serving
- 2 packages Cava Greek Yogurt Hummus
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss beets, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and orange zest in a bowl to coat. Place beets on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast until they’re fork tender, about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
- For balsamic glaze, put balsamic and honey in a small pot and sauté over medium-low heat. Reduce for about 20 minutes, until syrupy.
- To serve, toss beets in balsamic glaze, and serve with rosemary, orange zest, pomegranate arils, and chopped pistachios. Plate over a hearty smear of Greek Yogurt Hummus.