If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crunchy endive and walnut salad has a punchy dijon dressing, shaves of parmesan and crisp slices of sweet-tart apple.
—garlic and zest
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 grinds black pepper
- 1 head endive
- 1/2 apple, cored and thinly sliced, tossed in a squeeze of lemon juice to prevent oxidation
- 2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 hardboiled egg, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, or shave 4-5 slices of parmesan off a block of cheese with a vegetable peeler
- microgreens (optional)
- In a small bowl add the garlic and mustard. Slowly drizzle the oil into the mustard mix while stirring to emulsify. Add the pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pull the endive leaves apart and arrange on a platter. Add the radish and apple slices, tucking them in and around the endive.
- Dot the chopped egg over the salad and sprinkle on the walnuts. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- If you're using shredded parmesan cheese, sprinkle it evenly over the endive. If you have a whole block of parmesan, use a vegetable peeler to shave thin slices over the salad.
- Sprinkle with microgreens and serve.