If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whether you’re looking for a snack, appetizer or side dish, these crispy cauliflower cakes will wow your taste buds—leaving you wanting more. Riced cauliflower is bound together with eggs and coconut flour, giving you a moist, inner cake with a crunchy, outer layer. The garlic powder and chopped chives give a delicious and satisfying flavor. Serve by themselves or with sliced avocado and lemon.
Note: Original recipe is from http://ultimatepaleoguide.com/recipe/crispy-cauliflower-cakes/ —Ultimate Paleo Guide
Makes 6 to 8 cakes
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (or Coconut oil, melted)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Chives (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Coconut flour
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2-4 tablespoons Coconut oil (for frying)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Place the florets in a food processor and pulse until they become a rice like texture. Transfer the riced cauliflower to a large microwave-safe mixing bowl and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Fry the patties in the coconut oil until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the patties from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to remove any excess oil.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into 6 to 8 patties. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. NOTE: You want the coconut oil to be deep enough to partially submerge the patties.
- Serve and enjoy!