If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These salty, citrusy, savory little bites take all your favorite flavors from a traditional Nicoise salad and transport them from a bed of greens to a crispy slice of bread — something we’re always on board with. We skipped the tuna here, but the quick-pickled green beans will quickly reassure you all the best flavors are still hanging out. —CAVA
- 1 package Cava Kalamata Hummus
- 1 baguette
- 5 to 6 large eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup haricot verts, or other small green beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1;3 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- To hard boil the eggs, place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with 3 inches of water. Bring water to a boil, then cover the pan and turn off the heat. Let eggs sit, covered, for 15 minutes, then submerge them in an ice bath. Carefully remove the eggshells. Use an egg slicer to thinly segment the hard boiled eggs
- For the dressing: Mince garlic on a cutting board and sprinkle heavily with salt; using a knife, scrape garlic and salt together to form a smooth paste. Transfer paste to a bowl and whisk in lemon juice, mustard, shallot, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Toss green beans and cherry tomatoes lightly in dressing. Thinly slice baguette, and warm through for 5 to 6 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To plate, spread 1 teaspoon or so of kalamata hummus on a baguette slice. Top with a slice of egg, a tomato half, and a green bean.