If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Winter salads don't need to be boring. This colorful and flavorful salad utilizes my favorite winter ingredients, persimmons and pomegranates. —Tina Jeffers
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Helium cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 2 fuyu persimmons, peeled
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- For the dressing, whisk the lime juice, ginger, and honey in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the persimmon into 1/4-inch slices and then cut into quarters. In a large bowl combine the persimmons, arugula, pomegranate and about half of the herbs. Pour the dressing over the top just to coat, you may not need to use all of it and lightly toss to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. When the pan is hot add the Halloumi and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until a nice crust forms on the cheese and it is golden brown. Remove the Halloumi from the pan and slice each piece in half.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with a few slices of Halloumi, the rest of the herbs and a sprinkling of pistachios.