If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here’s the ultimate make-ahead hors d’oeuvres for your holiday party! —garlic and zest
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- *or use ready-made pie crust (such as Pillsbury)
For the filling
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ground thyme
- 2 tablespoons flour
- fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
- For crust Beat cream, cheese, butter and flour until smooth and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Add the mushrooms to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and transfer to a large skillet. Add the butter to the skillet and cook over medium high heat, until the mushrooms give off some of their liquid.
- Add the onion to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add onions to the mushroom mixture. Cook until the onions have cooked and softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream, salt, thyme and flour. Cook for about a minute until thickened and remove from heat to cool.
- Meanwhile, roll out the dough and cut into 2 3⁄4 in circles (or thereabouts) and press into a mini muffin pan.
- Fill pastry cups with 1 teaspoon of mushroom filling. Bake at 450 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown.
- Can be made ahead and frozen until ready to serve. To reheat tartlets, defrost them for 20-30 minutes and warm in a 325 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.