If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm pretty basic when it comes to my asparagus. I usually roast on high heat with just a little olive oil and salt. When I feel like gilding the lily, I top them with these irresistible lemon crumbs. —melissav
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 anchovies
- 2/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450. Lightly toss the asparagus with olive oil and salt. You just want the spears lightly coated with oil. Roast for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Lemon Crumbs: Place the olive oil and anchovies in a small skillet over medium low heat. Using the back of a wooden spoon, stir and press on the anchovies until they dissolve into the oil and the oil is lightly bubbling, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bread crumbs and pine nuts and stir until golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop into a bowl and stir in the lemon zest, chives, and salt to taste.
- Right before the asparagus is done, spoon the crumbs over and pop the broiler on for a minute. Watch carefully!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe