If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 0.5 teaspoons caraway seeds, ground
- 1 pound beets, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 0.5 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 0.25 cups brown sugar
- 2 liters good quality vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- sour cream, chopped dill, drizzle of gin, black bread to garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic, caraway seeds and cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in vegetables and continue cooking until tender.
- Add stock, tomato paste and sugar and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from heat and add the vinegar.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, chopped dill and a drizzle of gin and serve with black bread on the side.