If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to think that truly authentic bircher muesli—the kind I ate as a kid at my great-aunt's home in Oftringen, Switzerland—wouldn't be possible without whole milk or yogurt. But homemade, unstrained macadamia milk creates a perfect base for this sweet, rich, and comforting breakfast. —Gena Hamshaw
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes (or shredded coconut, though the flakes will hold their own better overnight!)
- 2 pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons finely grated, fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 3 1/2 cups vanilla macadamia milk (https://food52.com/recipes/39786-vanilla-macadamia-milk)
- Maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a glass mixing bowl. Cover and transfer to the fridge. Allow to sit overnight. In the morning, divide the muesli into bowls and serve, with a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!