If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This torte is pareve, flourless and perfect after a meat meal and during Passover. The recipe is based on one published by labna.it. —olinsloan
grams dark chocolate, finely chopped or melted and cooled
grams fresh dates, pitted and finely chopped
grams almonds, finely chopped
grams caster or superfine sugar
cocoa, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Whisk egg whites stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, whisking continually until incorporated and the egg whites become thick and glossy. Add the chocolate and dates and fold through until combined.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 22cm springform tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 45–50 minutes or until the outside is crisp.
- Dust with cocoa and serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year