If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cakey yet fluffy cinnamonny sweet circles of bliss. Pair with a cup of tea or lightly sweetened latte, a blanket and a quiet moment.
recipe adapted from: fettlevegan.com —Chloe Graffeo
Makes 6 doughnuts
- 1 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a doughnut pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together brown sugar, almond milk, pumpkin purée, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring to combine. Batter should be a little thick, not pourable. Once mixed, use a spoon to place batter into the donut pan, distributing the batter evenly between each donut mold.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes clean and donuts spring back lightly when pressed. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the donuts cool, pour the 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter into a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix together the sugar + cinnamon. When the donuts have cooled, dip one side lightly into the oil or butter, then dip it into the cinnamon sugar mixture, shaking off the excess. Flip the donut over and repeat the process, trying to coat the edges as well so that when you cinnamon sugar the other side the whole donut becomes covered in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat this process with all the donuts!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year