If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe from Mrs. Barbara Williamson Smith and was published in "The Pear Tree," a 1977 collection of holiday recipes from the Junior League of Knoxville, Tennessee. —Amanda Sims
Food52 Review: A medley of raw vegetables, cooked eggs, and bacon with mayonnaise, this layered salad is a crisp and hearty addition to most any meal. —The Editors
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas, cooked, drained, and cooled
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, grated
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pint jar of Hellman's mayo
- In a glass bowl, layer ingredients in the order above. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or even overnight.
- Toss thoroughly before serving, cold.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!