If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is another Staley Family favorite recipe, remixed into a grain-free version. The major swap in this dish is replacing all the couscous with riced cauliflower. This summery side dish is the perfect way to utilize fresh, seasonal ingredients in a dish that is light on the palate (from Make It Paleo 2) —Primal Palate
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 2 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons Duck Fat, (or other choice of fat to saute), divided
- 2 Raw Carrot, medium, peeled and sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomato, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, (25 grinds)
- 4 Green Onion, sliced
- 1/2 Lemon, wedges, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for garnish
- 1/4 cup Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the pine nuts and garlic in 1 Tbsp of the duck fat. When the pine nuts are golden brown, remove them from the skillet and set aside. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp of duck fat to the skillet and sauté the carrots, bell pepper, and tomatoes for about 15 minutes, until soft. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Grate the cauliflower with the stems parallel to the grating surface (giving you longer grains of “rice”). Add the cauliflower to the skillet along with the sliced scallions, toasted pine nuts, and garlic.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil, garnished with flat-leaf parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe that Cleans Out the Fridge