If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After serving confit duck legs for Thanksgiving dinner, I found myself with a ton of leftover duck fat. It adds a wonderful meaty flavor and pairs especially well with mushrooms (although any leftover vegetable would benefit from a duck fat oven roast). These chips are delicious as an appetizer or side dish for wintery meals. —Jeanne Kessira
- 2-3 cups Mushrooms of your choice
- 1/4 cup Duck fat
- 1 tablespoon Fresh rosemary
- dashes Coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice mushrooms to obtain pieces about 1/4-inch thick. Non-uniformity is better; variety in size makes for different textures (some will be chewier, some crisper).
- Toss mushrooms with duck fat on a baking sheet, making sure to cover all pieces.
- Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes, watching to make sure the mushrooms don't burn. Pull out when smaller bits are starting to burn around the edges and place on dish covered with paper towels.
- Immediately toss with salt and chopped rosemary. Serve when cooled.