Author Notes: This is a great and healty breakfast recipe, perfect for the winter mornings. —Mini's
Serves: 1 / 2
cup Milk (or any veg milk you prefer)
grams Butternut squash or any kind of pumpkin
handfuls Pecan nuts / Walnuts
teaspoon Honey / Maple Syrup
In This Recipe
- In a small pan combine milk and water. Turn on the heat and let it boil.
- When boiling, stir in the millet, reduce the heat and cook it for 20/25 min.
- While the millet is cooking, cut the pumpkin in small pieces and cook it in a microwave at max. power for 5 minutes or more ( depending on your microwave).
- Take the pumpkin off (it should be tender and easy to break) and put it in a food processor until you get a puree. To make it more smooth you can add a little bit of water to it.
- When the millet is almost cooked, stir in the pumpkin puree and simmer til you get a nice mixture.
- Add a pinch of salt and a half of teaspoon of cinnamon and stir to combine, then cook it on a low heat for 5 minutes more.
- Serve it in a bowl topped with some honey or maple syrup and some crushed pecan nuts.