If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great and healty breakfast recipe, perfect for the winter mornings. —Mini's
Serves 1 / 2
- 3/4 cup Milk (or any veg milk you prefer)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Millet
- 200 grams Butternut squash or any kind of pumpkin
- half teaspoon Cinnamon
- pinches Salt
- handfuls Pecan nuts / Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Honey / Maple Syrup
- In a small pan combine milk and water. Turn on the heat and let it boil.
- When boiling, stir in the millet, reduce the heat and cook it for 20/25 min.
- While the millet is cooking, cut the pumpkin in small pieces and cook it in a microwave at max. power for 5 minutes or more ( depending on your microwave).
- Take the pumpkin off (it should be tender and easy to break) and put it in a food processor until you get a puree. To make it more smooth you can add a little bit of water to it.
- When the millet is almost cooked, stir in the pumpkin puree and simmer til you get a nice mixture.
- Add a pinch of salt and a half of teaspoon of cinnamon and stir to combine, then cook it on a low heat for 5 minutes more.
- Serve it in a bowl topped with some honey or maple syrup and some crushed pecan nuts.