If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 320 grams Japanese short-grain rice
- 280 grams water
- 40 grams soy sauce
- 20 grams mirin
- 20 grams sake
- 80 grams shimeji mushrooms, bottom sliced off and mushrooms separated
- 3 very fresh scallions, chopped
- 3 leaves shiso, chiffonade
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and cut in a fine julienne
- Shredded nori
- Umeboshi plums (optional)
- Wash the rice 3 to 4 times until water is clear. Drain rice thoroughly, add to pot, and cover with all liquid ingredients. Let liquid soak into rice for 20 minutes to 1 hour. Add shimeji mushrooms to the pot, place over medium-high heat, and stir occasionally until liquid comes to a simmer. Cover pot, lower heat, and cook for 16 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, prepare remaining ingredients and arrange on a plate.
- When the rice is ready, fluff the rice, stirring from the bottom; cover again and wait five minutes. Serve with aromatic garnishes to taste.