If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A tasty dish, especially for the garlic lover! —Ryan Beaumont
- 2 pieces garlic naan, approx 8" diameter
- 1 large boneless chicken breast, cut in 1" cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1" squares
- 1/2 red onion, cut in 1" squares
- 1 baby cucumber, cut into spears
- 1 vine ripened tomato, hulled and diced
- 4 sprigs romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 pieces sliced banana peppers (optional)
- 1 dash sriracha (optional)
- 1 ounce feta, cubed (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons tzatziki
Awesome Dill Tzatziki (for 4 pitas)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 medium cucumbers, skinned and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dry dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Prepare the marinade of olive oil, soy sauce, and lemon juice, and soak chicken for 30-60 minutes at room temperature.
- While chicken is marinating, prepare the awesome dill tzatziki. Pulverize cucumber in food processor and strain excess water. Combine the remaining cucumber pulp and other awesome dill tzatziki ingredients in a bowl. Save some for next time or for other recipes.
- Skewer the chicken, alternating with red bell pepper and red onion. Grill the kebabs on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, rotate and grill for another 5 minutes.
- Wrap naan in aluminum foil and place on grill with kebabs for 5 minutes.
- Plate with the naan at the base, lettuce, deconstructed kebabs, cucumber, tomato. Top with optional ingredients and 4 tbsp of tzatziki per souvlaki.