If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like making these mini tortillas to take to a picnic – they’re really quick and easy to whip up and they taste amazing when sitting in the grass and warming your skin in the sunshine (they taste just as amazing inside). Beware that the egg mixture will stick to the muffin tin if poured straight into the muffin holes, so the ham acts as a little basket for the tortilla, ensuring it comes out without a mess. —Anne's Kitchen
tablespoon olive oil + extra for greasing
grams artichoke hearts in oil
grams roasted red peppers in oil
pieces Serrano ham or prosciutto
grams parmesan, grated
salt and pepper
- Prep: 35min - Easy
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan.
- Halve the onion and cut into thin slices. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion slices slowly for 10 minutes until soft. Set aside.
- Put the artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers onto a few pieces of kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil. Cut into bitesized pieces.
- Cut the ham or prosciutto slices into squares, to line the muffin holes.
- Grease the holes of a muffin tin with a bit of olive oil, line each hole with a slice of ham to cover the base and all sides. Distribute the onion, artichoke and red peppers between the 14 muffin holes.
- Beat together the eggs, cream and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each muffin hole with the egg mixture and bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Leave the tortillas to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes, then take out with the help of a spoon and serve immediately or transfer onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- TIP: You can play around with other flavor combinations. Try adding olives, sundried tomatoes and basil leaves instead of the artichokes and roasted pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends