If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple dish that's ready in 5 minutes, this one really lets the flavor of fresh asparagus shine. I adore pea shoots raw, but also love them stir-fried, so I think they are perfect here. —WinnieAb
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil, peanut oil, or sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, rinsed well, trimmed, and sliced into pieces approximately 3 inches long
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 cups fresh pea shoots
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoons Sambal Oelek chili sauce- optional
- Heat the oil in a wok or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until they begin to brown.
- Add the asparagus, mirin, rice vinegar and tamari to the pan and stir-fry another 2 minutes.
- Add the pea shoots and cook for another minutes before removing from the heat.
- Mix in the crushed red pepper and the optional chili sauce before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe