If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy and comforting, this vegan Tomato Peanut Butter Quinoa Soup comes together with a simple combination of peanut butter, tomatoes and tomato paste for an easy weeknight meal. This is not your mama’s tomato soup! —Megan Olson
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups low sodium, gluten free vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 28 ounce can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup creamy, unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 6 scallions, chopped
- slivered almonds or peanuts for sprinkling
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic & cook until fragrant then add tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, broth, vinegar, peanut butter, cayenne & salt
- Whisk to combine and bring to a boil
- Once it has boiled, allow to simmer on medium low 15 to 20 minutes
- Add cooked quinoa to the pot
- Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with the scallions & nuts