If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made with quinoa, chocolate and nut butter, this gluten free & vegan brownie is packed with protein, healthy fats and chocolate. A healthy treat made sinful, these Double Chocolate Quinoa Brownies are ones you can’t resist! —Megan Olson
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (1/4 cup dry)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 flax eggs - 2 tbsp golden flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Prepare flax egg by combining flaxseed meal with water & sitting in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray if not non-stick
- In a large bowl or standing mixer, combine all ingredients and mix well
- Add batter to baking dish
- Bake 35-45 minutes until a toothpick can be removed cleanly
- Allow to cool in the pan 30 minutes before cutting
- Cut with a plastic knife for a clean cut