If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thick and fluffy Butternut Squash Maple Oat Pancakes made with simple ingredients and no added sugar. This gluten free stack is only 64 calories a slice! —Megan Olson
cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
large egg whites or 2 flax eggs for vegan
cup butternut squash puree or pumpkin puree
teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
tablespoons reduced sugar maple syrup
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon baking soda
- With a hand mixer or standing mixer, add egg whites (or flax eggs if using in place of eggs) & mix until eggs are fluffy
- When they begin to rise, they are ready to add ingredients to usually 3-4 minutes of mixing
- Then add maple syrup, extract, nutmeg, cinnamon & sea salt
- Mix just to combine
- Add baking soda & flour until combined, do not over mix
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat & spray with nonstick cooking spray
- Once the skillet is steaming hot, add 3 tbsp of batter to the skillet
- Cook 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear then flip & cook another 2 minutes on the other side
- Remove from skillet & cool on a rack
- Serve immediately, refrigerate up to a week or freeze up to a month