If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is nothing better for entertaining than a giant bowl of homemade salsa with chips. The key to this no-frills salsa lies in the combination of sweet tomatoes, meaty tomatillos, and hot peppers. Every bite is festive, spicy, and almost refreshing; summer in a bite. Making this a few hours ahead of serving ensures a more developed, richer taste. —Tasty Plan
Makes 3-4 cups
- 1.5 pints cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 3 tomatillos, diced small
- 1 red bell peppers, diced small
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed and diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- pinches salt
- Chop all ingredients into consistent, even sized 1/4" pieces. As you chop through ingredients, place them in a large bowl.
- Add a generous drizzle of olive oil, the juice from one lemon, and a pinch of salt. Toss and taste for seasoning. Add more salt if needed.
- Let the salsa sit (covered) in the refrigeration for at least a couple hours before serving. You could even make this salsa a day in advance need be.
- Serve is a large bowl with your favorite chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends