If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go to appetizer if I want to make an impression! —[email protected]
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Ice water
- 4 Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Butter infused olive oil
- 1/2 pound Thick cut Bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Prepare dough, combine flour salt and butter in a food processor. Pulse until small balls form then add water until dough comes together. Roll into a disk and cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare Filling, heat olive oil in a nonstick and gently sauté onions until translucent. Next sauté bacon, until crisp. Combine onions, bacon, cream, egg and thyme rosemary and garlic powder.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°. Roll out dough, 1/8 inch thick and press into a 4 X 13 rectangular tart tin. Dock the dough with a fork. Spoon in the onion mixture and top with salt and pepper bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends