If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe incorporates the pearls of winter ingredients: brussels sprouts, pomegranates, and pistachios, all mixed into comforting and hearty wild rice. It makes sense as a side dish, but I definitely ate it for dinner without reservation. —Sarah Goerzen | The City Skillet
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 3/4 cups broth or water
- 15 brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup shelled, roasted, unsalted pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 375º
- Add broth or water and wild rice to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes. Take off heat for 10 minutes (still covered). Fluff with a fork.
- Cut brussels sprouts in half, or smaller if some are very large. The pieces should be similar in size to prevent burning the small ones. Line a baking sheet with foil and place brussels sprouts on foil. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and push around sprouts to make sure the olive oil is evenly distributed. I recommend placing brussels cut side down. This helps develop that crunchy outside and soft inside. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, until brussels are somewhere between golden brown and charred (whatever your preference).
- Combine rice, brussels sprouts, pistachios, and pomegranate seeds.