Author Notes: I learned to do this in Germany...although it's not very German. Use your favourite tomato sauce. There are versions with Béchamel sauce as well. —MarieGlobetrotter
milliliters tomato sauce
Salt and pepper
tablespoons olive oil
parmesan, grana padano
In This Recipe
- For the crepes, mix together flour, milk, eggs and one pinch of salts until dough is smooth. Set aside
- Heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan.
- Slice the onion and garlic finely. Cut the spinach. Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a pan, cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes on medium heat before adding the spinach. Once the spinach is cooked, place in a bowl and stir in the ricotta and 25g of Parmesan. Add some salt and pepper then combine well.
- Heat some of the olive oil in a pan. Make about 6 crepes and use olive oil every time you make a new one. Set on a plate
- Spread some of the ricotta mixture on each crepes and then roll. Spread half of the tomato sauce in an oven-proof dish. Place the 6 crepes on top then pour the rest of the tomato and sprinkle with parmesan. Cut the mozzarella into slices or dices. Spread out on top of the crepes/crespellen.
- Bake on 350F for about 30 minutes then gratin ate for 5 minutes at the end.