If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I learned to do this in Germany...although it's not very German. Use your favourite tomato sauce. There are versions with Béchamel sauce as well. —MarieGlobetrotter
- 120gr flour
- 150 milliliters milk
- 3 small eggs
- 400 milliliters tomato sauce
- 500g spinach
- 250g ricotta
- Salt and pepper
- 5-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Ball fresh mozzarella
- 50g parmesan, grana padano
- For the crepes, mix together flour, milk, eggs and one pinch of salts until dough is smooth. Set aside
- Heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan.
- Slice the onion and garlic finely. Cut the spinach. Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a pan, cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes on medium heat before adding the spinach. Once the spinach is cooked, place in a bowl and stir in the ricotta and 25g of Parmesan. Add some salt and pepper then combine well.
- Heat some of the olive oil in a pan. Make about 6 crepes and use olive oil every time you make a new one. Set on a plate
- Spread some of the ricotta mixture on each crepes and then roll. Spread half of the tomato sauce in an oven-proof dish. Place the 6 crepes on top then pour the rest of the tomato and sprinkle with parmesan. Cut the mozzarella into slices or dices. Spread out on top of the crepes/crespellen.
- Bake on 350F for about 30 minutes then gratin ate for 5 minutes at the end.