If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple, vibrant, and springy! These Minted Smashed Peas are perfect for that day when you just don’t want to cook. I mean all you are really doing is boiling some water and turning on the food processor. If you have an excuse for not being able to do that, then we’ve got some other problems to tackle! —Ally
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- A good handful of fresh mint leaves
- Coarse salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- A glug of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Put a pot of water on the stove. Boil. Toss in your peas and mint. Cook for 5 minutes or so, enough to heat them through but you don’t really want to go much further than that.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the peas and mint, and toss them in a food processor. Add a splash of the cooking water, just to get things going. Pulse a few times. Taste and season with about a 1/2 tsp of coarse salt, and a good cracking of black pepper. Add in a glug of EVOO. Pulse again. You don’t want them completely mushy.