If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: my favorite kind of dinner is one that can be contained in a bowl, easy to put together and even easier to consume. this is a veganized version, though using butter and cream is totally cool too.
button mushrooms were used, though any kind would suffice. the stems were removed, to be used to make veg stock, though if stems are your thing, you can use them too. —Lan | MoreStomach
- 1 pound button mushroom, stems removed and sliced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 cup water or veg stock, up to 1 cup*
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 splash worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, heaping
- 1/4 cup vegan yogurt
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons AP flour
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, really amount to taste
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- 1 packet noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- in a large pan, heat up a healthy splash of olive oil (medium high). add in the onion and garlic, saute until fragrant, anywhere from 5-10 minutes, you’re not aiming to caramelize it, though if it does, don’t freak out, it just adds another layer of flavor. *season with salt*
- add in the mushrooms and saute. the mushrooms will brown and release a lot of liquid. don’t be alarmed.
- at this point, boil noodles according to package instructions
- dd in the white wine and scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the good brown bits. next, add in the dijon mustard and healthy splash of worchestershire sauce.
- allow the mixture to reduce down, scraping the pan periodically.
- spoon the flour over the mushrooms, minimum 1 tablespoon, or up to 2 tablespoons. stir the mushrooms until the flour has been incorporated into the oils/liquid/onions. slowly add in the water or stock, liquid amount at your discretion, depending on how saucy you it to be.
- allow for the mixture and flour to warm though and thicken.
- add in the yogurt and paprika, stir until fully incorporated.
- by this point, the noodles should be done. the dish can be served with the sauce ladled over the noodles, or the noodles can be added into the pan and mixed through with the mushrooms.
- garnish with parsley and more paprika. serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall