If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Cream free Tomato Soup with Cumin Seeds and Red Pepper Chili Flakes. Gluten and dairy free and can be made vegan or vegetarian. —Maren Epstein
Makes 6-7 cups
- 2 Large Sweet Onions, large dice
- 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 pinches Red Pepper Chili Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Whole Cumin Seeds
- 1 28oz Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 Large Tomatos, chopped
- 3 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Organic Butter,
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- In a large soup pot over a medium low flame sweat the onions until translucent (5-7 minutes).
- Add the garlic, cumin and chili pepper and saute until fragrant (1-3 min) over a medium flame.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and canned fire roasted tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes are soft (10 min) and season with salt.
- Add the stock and allow the soup to simmer for (20-25 min) partially covered.
- Once the soup is cool enough to handle, blend in the blender with the butter and then return to the pot. tir in Rice Wine Vinegar and finish with salt and pepper to taste.