Author Notes: my first experience with buckwheat. i imagined it would go well with a pumpkin sauce. it was very simple, yet tasty and warm! —Teresa Leonor
cup cooked buckwheat
small chopped onion
cup cubed pumpkin
olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika
toasted sunflower and sesame seeds (optional)
In This Recipe
- boil the buckwheat. i soaked it overnight and boiled with the double (a little less) of water, seasoned with salt.
- in a small pan, heat a pinch of olive oil and add a chopped onion. cook until soft.
- add the cubed pumpkin (about half a cup or one cup, if you want to keep the pumpkin sauce for later, as i did), add a little bit of water, season with salt, pepper and paprika and let it cook until soft.
- when soft, transfer everything to a cup and blend it.
- put the cooked buckwheat in a small pan and add the pumpkin mix while mixing until you reach the desired consistency. top with the toasted seeds if you want and serve it with a tomato and arugula salad!