If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: my first experience with buckwheat. i imagined it would go well with a pumpkin sauce. it was very simple, yet tasty and warm! —Teresa Leonor
- 1 cup cooked buckwheat
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 cup cubed pumpkin
- olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika
- toasted sunflower and sesame seeds (optional)
- boil the buckwheat. i soaked it overnight and boiled with the double (a little less) of water, seasoned with salt.
- in a small pan, heat a pinch of olive oil and add a chopped onion. cook until soft.
- add the cubed pumpkin (about half a cup or one cup, if you want to keep the pumpkin sauce for later, as i did), add a little bit of water, season with salt, pepper and paprika and let it cook until soft.
- when soft, transfer everything to a cup and blend it.
- put the cooked buckwheat in a small pan and add the pumpkin mix while mixing until you reach the desired consistency. top with the toasted seeds if you want and serve it with a tomato and arugula salad!