If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Give your morning a boost with caffeine-infused protein oatmeal. It tastes like dessert, yet is nutritious, filling and has a wonderful coffee chocolate flavor. Warm up on a winter morning with a mocha oatmeal bowl that will keep you full for hours. This recipe is also gluten-free, vegan and nut-free. —maiah03
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup coffee, strongly brewed and cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder
- In a small pot on the stove, mix all ingredients except the protein powder and stirring often, cook for 6-8 min over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and protein powder after you have removed the oatmeal from heat. Add a little extra nondairy milk if it is too thick.
- For an optional garnish: whisk about 2 teaspoons maple syrup with 2 tablespoons cocoa powder or until the desired texture is reached, and drizzle on top. Garnish with sliced banana, and chocolate covered espresso beans if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee