If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes two 1 3/4-pint (1-liter) jars
- 35 grams (1 1/4 ounce) fine sea salt
- 25 grams (1 ounce) superfine sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon allspice berries, bruised
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 liter (1 3/4 pints) water
- 500 grams (1 pound) Tumbling Tiger tomatoes or other medium-sized flavorful tomatoes
- 2 dill heads or dill stalks (fresh or dry)
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 grams (2 ounces) celery sticks and leaves, chopped
- Mix the salt, sugar, allspice, and peppercorns into the measured water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Let the liquid cool down completely to infuse.
- Place the tomatoes and the other flavorings in a sterilized 2-1/2 liter (4-pint) preserving jar and pour over the cool infused brine.
- Seal the jar and leave in a warm place in your kitchen (25° C/77° F) for one week, until the tomatoes start fermenting. Transfer to the refrigerator or a cellar, where they can be kept unopened all winter.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Topics: Pickling & Preserving