If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Some beautiful golden beets at the market inspired this recipe... —inpatskitchen
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
For the coffee glaze
cup brewed coffee
tablespoon plus two teaspoons balsamic vinegar
teaspoon Dijon mustard
cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a small sauce pan combine the coffee,one tablespoon of the vinegar, the honey and the salt. Cook over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and whisk in the mustard, two teaspoons vinegar and the oil. Set aside.
For the salad
medium golden beets with the greens attached (try to find beets with full greens)
3 to 4
ounces crumbled feta cheese
The previously made glaze
- Cut the greens off the beets, wash and dry them and then refrigerate while you cook the beet roots. Wash the beet roots but don't peel them.
- Place the beet roots in a baking dish and drizzle with a little olive oil. Cover the dish and bake in a pre heated 375F oven for about one hour or until the beets are tender. Once cool enough to handle, peel the skin off the beets. (I use a small paring knife for this). Refrigerate the beets for a bit.
- Chop or tear the beet greens and place them on a serving platter. Slice the beet roots in rounds and scatter the slices over and around the greens.
- Scatter the feta cheese over the salad and drizzle with as much of the glaze as you like.
- NOTE: If your beet greens are sparse, fill in with another dark leafy one such as kale.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee