If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family loves rice cereal treats, so I tried making them with coffee and toffee chips. I added mini chocolate chips too! This recipe is a quick and easy dessert. They were gone in a flash in my house, so fast I didn't get a picture! Next time.... —Leith Devine
cups crispy rice cereal
cups toffee bits
cup mini chocolate chips
tablespoons finely ground instant coffee or espresso powder
packet 16 oz. mini marshmallows
- Grease a 9x12 pan, or use parchment paper sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. The parchment paper will lift out of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix rice cereal with toffee chips and chocolate chips. Mix until chips are distributed evenly throughout.
- In a medium pan on medium low heat, melt the butter and add the coffee. Stir until coffee is dissolved. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted...don't let them burn!
- Fold the butter, coffee and marshmallow mixture into the rice cereal mixture. Stir until completed combined.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared pan. Pat down the top until even.
- Let cool and cut into squares. Some of the chips will melt and some will stay intact. They taste great, especially with a cup of coffee.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee