Author Notes: My family loves rice cereal treats, so I tried making them with coffee and toffee chips. I added mini chocolate chips too! This recipe is a quick and easy dessert. They were gone in a flash in my house, so fast I didn't get a picture! Next time.... —Leith Devine
cups crispy rice cereal
cups toffee bits
cup mini chocolate chips
tablespoons finely ground instant coffee or espresso powder
packet 16 oz. mini marshmallows
- Grease a 9x12 pan, or use parchment paper sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. The parchment paper will lift out of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix rice cereal with toffee chips and chocolate chips. Mix until chips are distributed evenly throughout.
- In a medium pan on medium low heat, melt the butter and add the coffee. Stir until coffee is dissolved. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted...don't let them burn!
- Fold the butter, coffee and marshmallow mixture into the rice cereal mixture. Stir until completed combined.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared pan. Pat down the top until even.
- Let cool and cut into squares. Some of the chips will melt and some will stay intact. They taste great, especially with a cup of coffee.