If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Low carb and gluten free spicy cheesy poppers on top of a thin slice of tart green apple. Perfect for your next cookout! —Karrie / Tasty Ever After
Makes 28 poppers
- 14 fresh whole jalapeños
- 8 ounces Brie cheese
- 10 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- 1/2 fresh Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into ⅛ inch thin slices
- Wash and dry jalapeños, cut in half, and scoop out the seeds and vein from the inside with a spoon or butter knife. Take small slices of the Brie cheese and mold into the pepper halves, then wrap one bacon piece around each pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare smoker, using fruit wood (apple, cherry, etc) and get temperature up to 225F degrees. Place prepared poppers in an aluminum foil pan and place on smoker grill rack. Smoker poppers for 2 hours.
- Place one apple slice on serving platter and place one smoked jalapeño popper on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of