If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shrimp & Red Peppers With Butternut Squash Rice decorated with parsley. A savory dish filled with vegetables, bursting with a flavor that can be made in under 30 minutes! Paleo, gluten free, low calorie and packed with nutrition. —Megan Olson
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned, tail removed & deveined
- 3 cups butternut squash or 1 large squash cubed
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced & diced
- 1 cup white onion, finely diced
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Place butternut squash cubes in a blender or food processor and pulse until it becomes a rice like consistency, do not over process.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil, onion & red pepper flakes. Cook 2-3 minutes then add red bell pepper, garlic.
- Cook 5 minutes then add tomatoes, butternut squash rice, salt, pepper, chili powder & paprika and stir to combine the juices with all ingredients.
- After 5 minutes, add broth and the shrimp.
- Cook until the shrimp another 5 minutes until it turns translucent stirring occasionally to flip them.
- Once the shrimp has is cooked & butternut squash has reached a rice consistency remove from heat, add parsley & enjoy!