If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Before you get too excited, let me just tell you that, no, there aren't any phyllo crumbles on this. But there are pistachios and walnuts! And gorgeous winter oranges! And a warm honey drizzle spiced with cinnamon, cardamom, and orange flower water! This was inspired by a bag of blood oranges that I bought and then had no idea what to do with. —pantryhero
- 1/3 cup (or 1/2 of an individual container) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup (or 1/2 of an individual container) vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 small blood orange
- 1 small navel orange (I used Cara Cara)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch (a tiny one!) ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch (a tiny one!) ground cardamom
- 1 pinch table salt
- a few drops orange flower water
- 1 tablespoon toasted, chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon toasted, chopped pistachios
- Mix the yogurts together in a cereal bowl. (I like mixing plain and vanilla so it's not overwhelmingly sweet when you add the fruit and honey. You could do all plain or all vanilla.)
- Over another small bowl, supreme both of the oranges: First, trim the top and bottom. Next, cutting from top to bottom, trim all of the pith away. Finally, remove the sections by slicing next to each membrane; the sections should easily pop out. Remove any seeds you come across.
- Put the honey in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat it for 5 seconds or so, just long enough to get it thin and barely warm, which makes it easier to mix and pour. Add the cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and orange flower water. Taste, and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- If you want your yogurt to stay thicker, remove the orange segments from their bowl and place them on top of the yogurt. (And then drink the juice that collected at the bottom of the bowl! Yum!) If you like your yogurt thinner, just dump the orange slices and their accumulated juices on top of the yogurt. Top with the chopped nuts, and drizzle with the honey.