Author Notes: This recipe is a low carb version of a delicious pasta dish featuring succulent cubes of chicken and sweet and tangy sun dried tomatoes. —brooke
Spaghetti Squash - roasted
cup sun dried tomatoes in oil
yellow onion - diced
cloves garlic - chopped
chicken breast - diced and seasoned with salt and pepper
cup feta cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
- To start, roast your butternut squash. Cut your squash in half, set your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit, scoop out the seeds, and set your squash face down on a baking sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the squash is easily pierced with a fork.
- Scoop out one half of the squash per person.
- Saute the sun dried tomatoes, onions and garlic until the onions are translucent. Add in your chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti squash to the mixture and the butter.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid.
- Cook until the squash is warm and the chicken is cooked.
- Top with feta cheese and green onions and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of