If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I could never understand how much Americans like tomato soup. Until I ate this one, that is! I fell in love immediately. Just beware that once you start, you can't get enough of it! —MrsK
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter (3/4 stick)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 each)
- 3-6 tablespoons sugar (to neutralize tomato acidity)
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup sherry (optional, but essential to me!)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Sauté onion in butter until translucent. Add tomatoes, tomato juice, sugar, bouillon, (lots of) ground pepper.
- Heat almost to a boil. Turn heat off. (Can be cooled and kept in refrigerator up to this step.) Add sherry, cream, basil and parsley. Serve hot, warm or cold.