If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Winter Squash Muffins made with cranberries, cinnamon and butternut squash. Gluten free and low calorie, this cozy muffin is a delicious snack on a winter day! —Megan Olson
- 1 1/2 cups pureed butternut squash
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain, Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free baking flour
- 1/3 cup Truvia baking blend or coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whip butternut squash, egg whites, maple syrup and Greek yogurt together with a hand blender.
- In another large bowl, mix together baking flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspices.
- To the flour mixture, add the wet ingredients. Once fully incorporated, add the coconut oil to the mixture (I find this prevents the coconut oil from hardening). After combined, fold in the rolled oats and cranberries to the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cavities 3/4 of the way full (do not fill to the top as they will rise) and bake 25 minutes until the muffins bounce when you gently touch the center.
- Cool muffins in the baking pan 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool fully.