If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Elegant Smoked Salmon Canapés with creme fraiche and caviar will make your next party special. Domestic caviar makes it affordable.
—garlic and zest
- 6 baby dutch potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt and finely ground fresh black pepper
- 3 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1.9 ounces domestic caviar (such as Herruga)
- Sprigs of dill for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Using a sharp knife or mandoline, slice the potatoes lengthwise into 1/4" slices. Drizzle potato slices with olive oil and toss to coat with your hands. Place potato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and flip potatoes over. Return the baking sheet to the oven and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are golden and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Slice the smoked salmon into 1/2" wide slices. Top each potato round with a slice of smoked salmon, folding it over on itself to create some height.
- Dollop the salmon with a scant teaspoon of creme fraiche and about 1/4 teaspoon of caviar. Garnish with a sprig of dill. Arrange on a platter and serve with champagne or cocktails.