If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked cheddar cornbread donuts with a spicy Sriracha kick. These hearty whole grain donuts are perfect for dunking in a warm bowl of chili. —Brie | Toaster Oven Love
Makes 6 baked donuts
- 1/2 cup stone ground medium grind cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 large egg (at room temp)
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk (at room temp)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (sharp cheddar tastes best)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions or sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- Preheat your toaster oven or oven to 425 F and grease a six-cavity donut pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the cornmeal/flour mixture, add egg to well and whisk together.
- Stir in the buttermilk and melted butter.
- Stir in the Sriracha, cheddar cheese and green onions/sun-dried tomatoes (if using).
- Spoon mixture into the cavities of the prepared pan (the cheddar will make it look a bit lumpy).
- Bake donuts at 425 F for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Allow donuts to cool in pan for at least 5 minutes before running an offset spatula around the edges of the donuts. Remove from pan and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of