If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty, flavorful side dish of wild rice, kale, sun dried tomatoes and creamy gruyere. Topped off with crunchy almonds. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 cup dry wild rice, whole or broken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large bunch curly kale, stems removed and torn into small pieces
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Cook wild rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast iron pan or dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add kale, working in bunches if need be, and cook until it begins to wilt and turns a bright green color. If vegetables are too dry, add additional 1 tablespoon olive oil. Continue until all kale is added, then stir in vegetable broth and salt to taste. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add cheese and mix well.
- Remove from heat, taste and adjust salt, top with almonds, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall