If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy, wholesome and flavorful breakfast bar with lots of healthy, flavorful and whole food ingredients. —zucchinivore
cups rolled oats
tablespoons black chia seeds (whole, not ground)
tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons vanilla extract
cup dried black mission figs
pinches kosher salt
- First, make the chia egg: put the chia seeds in a mug and add 1 1/3 cups (21 tbsp to be exact) of water. Stir to submerge the chia seeds, and put the mug in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime. preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the oats, pumpkin seeds, olive oil, vanilla extract and salt together.
- Cut the stems off the figs, and chop roughly- you don't want huge chunks nor itty-bitty pieces. Add to the oat mixture.
- Mash the banana with a fork, and add to the oat mixture. If 15 minutes has passed, remove the chia egg from the fridge and add to the oat mixture. Stir everything together thoroughly- it should mostly stick together.
- Scrape the bar mixture evenly into the lined pan, and smooth with a spatula to level it out . Bake until golden brown on top, 15-20 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting. These freeze and keep the refrigerator beautifully.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit