If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love soup, any day, any kind! I find it comforting, delicious and it reminds me of my childhood. Growing up in a rainy and cold weather, we would eat soup almost every day. I guessed it kind of stuck with me. —Virginie Degryse
- 2 Butternut squash, halved and seeds removed
- 2 quarts Veggie stock
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 1 Leek, chopped
- 2 Parsnips, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Place the butternut squash, face up in a baking dish. Place all the chopped veggies around them, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle all the spices on top.
- Add 2 cups of stocks, cover and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Let it cool to be able to handle to veggies without burning yourself. Remove the flesh from the squash in a large pot, discard the peels.
- Add all the cooked veggies and the rest of the stock, let it simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Pour everything in the food processor and carefully blend everything. I always use my vitamix for soups, I feel that it makes the perfect creamy texture without actually adding cream to it.
- I served it with homemade croutons for the kids, crispy quinoa and pumpkin seeds for my husband and me.
- Et voila, Bon Appetit