If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gluten free and vegan are Los Angeles essentials. Making them taste and look good really helps please everyone regardless of their dietary restrictions. This is an easy and beautiful appetizer. —Judy at My Well Seasoned Life
Makes about two dozen
- 8 dried golden figs diced
- 8 Black mission figs diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped seeds and stem removed
- 6 basil leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger peeled
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 3 bulbs of endive leaves separated
- Place first seven ingredients in a bowl. Stir so all the lemon juice and zest have coated the ingredients
- Scrape the ginger piece on a fine microplane zester over the bowl of ingredients. The result will look like a puree. Add to bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Is best to let sit at room temperature for at least an hour before placing on endive.
- Cut the ends off the endive and separate the leaves. Place a generous tablespoon or two on each endive spear. Arrange on a platter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit